It’s getting warmer and spending the day in a hot kitchen is getting pretty unrealistic! We still need to focus on getting an adequate amount of protein to ensure our muscles are staying strong and building/repairing as needed. The following recipe for protein Popsicles is a fun way to have a sweet treat while still getting in much needed protein.
– 1 1/2 cup milk/soy milk/almond milk
– 2 scoops protein powder
– 1 cup of your favorite frozen fruit
1. Measure out ingredients.
2. Add ingredients to blender/bullet. Blend till smooth.
3. Pour mixture into Popsicle tray. (Careful, this can get messy quickly.)
4. Top and freeze over night!
These are amazing on hot summer nights, to share with friends, or just to curb your sweet tooth on long days!
Comment with your combination of fruit and protein when you try it!
Try this sweet recipe to curb your sweet tooth and add extra protein to your day!
INSTRUCTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 350)
1)MASH BANANAS AND MIX WITH EGG WHITES & APPLESAUCE.
2)MIX IN DRY INGREDIENTS: OATS, PROTEIN POWDER, BAKING SODA, AND CHIPS.
3)SPRAY MUFFIN TIN. PLACE 1/4 CUP OF MIXTURE IN EACH SPACE.
4) BAKE FOR 15-20 MINUTES OR UNTIL TOPS TURN GOLDEN BROWN.
Struggling with your sweet tooth? Try this recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth without resorting to refined sugar.
Protein Powder Peanut Butter Balls
- 1/3c Peanut Butter
- 1 scoops protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
- 1/4c Honey
- 2 tbsp ground flax-seed
- In a large bowl, mix to together peanut butter, protein powder, honey, and flax-seed.
- Mold the mixture into walnut-sized balls and place them in a container lined with parchment to separate the layers.
- Freeze at least 2 hours before serving, best if frozen overnight.