Looking for a high protein, low-calorie recipe? Look no further than shrimp fajitas!
(Makes about 2 servings)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 1 teaspoon blackened seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- Toppings of choice
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Combine shrimp, seasoning and salt in a small bowl, tossing to coat. Add shrimp to pan.
- Add onion and bell pepper to pan.
- Cook until softened.
- Enjoy in a lettuce wrap or flour tortilla!
Sometimes my stomach is a bottomless pit. I am sure I am not the only one that’s felt this way! The following is a list of 15 high volume but low-calorie foods you can use to fill your stomach without over doing it!
- Mushrooms: about 15 calories per cup
- Brussels Sprouts: about 35 calories per cup
- Grapefruit: 40 calories per half
- Celery: about 15 calories per cup
- Lettuce, Arugula, Spinach: about 5 calories per cup
- Broccoli: about 30 calories per cup
- Cauliflower: about 25 calories per cup
- Green Beans: about 30 calories per cup
- Sugar Snap Peas: about 50 calories per cup
- Zucchini: about 25 calories per cup
- Asparagus: about 25 calories per cup
- Hard Boiled Egg (white only!): about 15 calories…pure protein!
- Tuna: about 100 calories in 1/2 cup…also a good source of protein
- Air Popped Popcorn: about 35 calories per cup
- Low Fat String Cheese: about 50 calories per stick
Never forget about filling up on fluids!
- Coffee: Zero Calories…if you can drink it black!
- Tea: about 5 calories per cup…try peppermint when you need energy and chamomile when you need to relax
- Low calorie water flavoring: around 5 to 20 calories per serving
- Water…obviously, bloat at night- slim in the morning
So next time you need to fill your stomach or keep your hands busy try one of these as a snack!