- Green Peppers
- 6oz. of Chicken Breast per Pepper
- 1 cup Chopped Green Peppers
- 1 cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- Sour Cream
- Clean chicken breasts. The cook the way you prefer. I used waterless cookware, cooked the breasts on each side for 5 minutes and then let simmer on low for 10 minutes. You can also make the chicken in a slow cooker, bake, or regular pan fry.
- Once the chicken is cooked, shred it. Then combine chicken, peppers, tomatoes, and seasoning packet in a large skillet and let simmer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean your green peppers, and add and excess peppers to the chicken mixture.
- Fill each pepper with 7-8oz of the chicken mixture and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until the peppers are soft.
- Eat them plain or cover with the toppings of your choice!
* Make extra of the chicken mixture for make nachos, tacos, or enchiladas. One slow cooker of Mexican Chicken can make a whole week of meals!!
I know I’m not alone in thinking eating chicken breasts gets boring sometimes! I came up with this recipe to throw in the mix to add a bit of flavor without being too complicated or time consuming.
- 1 Can of Roasted Tomatoes with Chilies
- 1 Can Sweet Corn
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- Chicken Breasts
- Cajun Seasoning or your personal favorite seasoning
- Drain and rinse all the canned veggies to remove excess sodium. I usually strain them and mix them all together!
- You have the option to cook this in a slow cooker or water-less cookware. If you are using a slow cooker, put the chicken breasts in the bottom, then cover with veggies and season to taste. If you are using water-less cookware, put the veggies on the bottom, then lay chicken breasts on top and season to taste.
- If you are using a slow cooker, let meal sit for 6-8 hours on low. If you are using water-less cookware, let meal simmer till the whistle blows, shut the valve and let sit for 20-30 minutes depending on the number of chicken breasts. (About 7-10 minutes per breast)