Women: Seriously, start lifting weights. Heavy weights. Get off that elliptical and starting resistance training.
In my opinion, here are the top five reasons why females should resistance train:
- Lifting weights is empowering: I have never felt like the weaker sex leaving the squat rack. Being able to bench my body weight made me realize I’m the only one I need to lift myself up when I’m down. You are in full control of how hard you push yourself which will build not only physical but mental strength.
- You won’t get bulky: You know what does make you bulky? Years of yoyo dieting. When your body doesn’t understand what’s going on, it has a tendency to store excess nutrients as fat. Once you train your body correctly, thus creating structure, it will respond by building muscle and burning fat.
- Food is fuel: The more you body needs fuel, the more food you can eat. Who doesn’t want to eat more and lose weight? Building muscle through resistance training will help to increase and regulate your metabolism allowing you to have a higher caloric intake as a maintenance level.
- Cardio sucks: If we’re all honest, we hate cardio. The occasional run is great to clear your head, but beyond that it’s torture. Why suffer through it when you can transition into resistance training and see more, long lasting results?
- Muscles are awesome: Having a booty is the best! Being able to see new muscles every now and then helps to keep pushing you through your workouts. The strength that comes along with can change the way you and others see yourself.
I could go on and on about why resistance training is the best. I can honestly say it changed my life! I thinking everyone should at least give it a shot to change theirs!