As a coach, this is awkward to write because I feel like I’m tooting my own horn but spoiler alert, even I have a coach. When you start to get involved in fitness and nutrition, it’s easy to follow a one-size-fit- all plan. When your goals are more expedited or you plateau, it’s hard to know what to do, who to listen to, and when to make changes. So yes, as a coach I recommend everyone work with a coach to some extent. The following is a list of reasons why:
- An Individualized Program to Correlate with Your Goals: One-size-fits-all plans are great to get started but they will always cease to work as you become more advanced. Getting a plan that correlates exactly to where you are currently and your goals in the most efficient and effective way to see progress. They will make you a program to follow, not just a workout to go through.
- A Nutrition Plan to Achieve Maximum Results: Most coaches also correlate a nutrition plan to your fitness routine. In doing so you can maximize your efforts by fueling your body appropriately and sustainably.
- Accountability: No matter how hard you try, you can never hold yourself as accountable as a coach will. When it comes to your workouts and nutrition, a coach will keep you on track, offer you alternatives, make adjustments when needed, and motivate you.
- 1 on 1 Support: 90% of what I do is support my clients. It’s easy to give a client a plan but much harder to work through it will them. Having someone who knows your exact goals, strengths, and weaknesses can be a huge asset. Not only do they support you physically, but mentally as well.
- An Up-to-Date Resource that is Also Involved in Fitness and Nutrition: Want to discuss a trendy diet or workout plan? A coach has either tried it themselves or implemented it on a client and can talk you through the positives and negatives. A coach is also someone who can inspire you because they are applying some of the same theories and techniques in their own life.
- A Professional Not Afraid to Refer Out When Necessary: If you have an injury or medical condition a coach may not be for you. They can help you to an extent but will refer you out to other medical professionals for things like physical therapy, chiropractic work, nutritional counseling, or digestive help. They might not be the best person to help you but will help you find a path to get the help you need.
If you are looking for a coach or interested in a free consult Contact Me!