I know I’m not alone in thinking eating chicken breasts gets boring sometimes! I came up with this recipe to throw in the mix to add a bit of flavor without being too complicated or time consuming.
- 1 Can of Roasted Tomatoes with Chilies
- 1 Can Sweet Corn
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- Chicken Breasts
- Cajun Seasoning or your personal favorite seasoning
- Drain and rinse all the canned veggies to remove excess sodium. I usually strain them and mix them all together!
- You have the option to cook this in a slow cooker or water-less cookware. If you are using a slow cooker, put the chicken breasts in the bottom, then cover with veggies and season to taste. If you are using water-less cookware, put the veggies on the bottom, then lay chicken breasts on top and season to taste.
- If you are using a slow cooker, let meal sit for 6-8 hours on low. If you are using water-less cookware, let meal simmer till the whistle blows, shut the valve and let sit for 20-30 minutes depending on the number of chicken breasts. (About 7-10 minutes per breast)