With cold weather comes the craving for warm food! This recipe is great to curb your sweet tooth, while being a healthy twist on a fall favorite! Instead of covering an apple with high calorie caramel coating, trying infusing caramel in your apples! It’s super simple and only requires three ingredients!
- Apples (Whatever Kind is Your Favorite!)
- Sugar-free Caramel Coffee Flavoring
- Optional: Liquid or powder Stevia
In regards to baking these, you have several options. You can go the traditional route, preheat your oven to 350 and bake for 15-20 minutes. You can use a slow cooker, let these babies simmer for a few hours and your house with smell like heaven! The third option is to use water-less cookware: simmer on low till it whistles, then shut the valve and let sit for 15 minutes!
- Remove the peal with apple-pealer or your average kitchen pealer. (Skip if you enjoy the skin or need extra fiber in your day!)
- De-core apples. (You can also switch steps 1 & 2 based on what is easiest for you!)
- Place in glass baking dish, slow-cooker, or water-less cookware.
- Generously sprinkle cinnamon over the apples.
- Pour 1 tablespoon per apple of Sugar-free Caramel Flavoring into the bottom of the cooking dish. (Optional: Add Stevia to wanted level of sweetness, I sprinkled one packet.)
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until the apples are soft. Simmer in slow-cooker for a few hours until the apples are soft. Cook in water-less cookware until the whistle blows, then close and let sit for 15 minutes.